To enter K-1 income and deductions from multiple states in an individual or fiduciary return
- Enter amounts in the Federal Amount column to flow to the federal return and the taxpayer's resident state return.
- Use the State if Different column when the taxpayer's resident state amount differs from the federal amount.
- Use the State Source Amount column to flow to the taxpayer's nonresident or part-year resident state returns only.
- Select the plus sign (+) to the right of input fields to expand the input and enter specific amounts for each state (multiple states must already be added to the return for the + sign to show).
- Alternatively, you can source amounts using the Federal Amount column.
- Sourcing an amount to a state with the S selection in the Source column will make the amount flow only to that state. It won't affect the federal or any other state returns.