The diagnostic states:
"e-file: Form 5227 and Form 1041-A returns aren't supported for electronic filing by the IRS. These returns must be filed on paper." (ref. #16041)
How to suppress Form 1041-A
- From the Input Return tab, go to Char. Returns ⮕ Form 1041-A.
- Enter a 2 in Form 1041-A: 1=print, 2=suppress [Override].
Trusts required to also file Form 1041-A
Form 1041-A must be filed for a trust that claims a charitable or other deduction under section 642(c) unless an exception applies.
- For example, if a Complex Trust receives a passthrough Schedule K-1 that contains charitable contributions, ProConnect instructs you via a diagnostic to enter the charitable contribution information in Charitable Payee. However, entering an amount triggers diagnostic Ref #16041.
Trusts that aren't required to also file Form 1041-A
- Trusts required to distribute currently to the beneficiaries all the income for the year determined under section 643(b) and related regulations.
- Split-interest trusts or nonexempt charitable trusts.
For more information, see page 27 of the Form 1041 Instructions Booklet.