Form 4797, 1099-B, Form 8949, Schedule D:
- Entering Sale or Disposition of Assets
- Reporting Form 1099-B cash in lieu of stock to the IRS
- Entering a 1099-B in Lacerte
- Generating Form 8949, column (f) for various codes
- Calculating the capital gains 28% rate in Lacerte
In most cases cryptocurrency or virtual currency is reported on the tax return in the same manner as property such as stock or other capital gains or losses. See Frequently Asked Questions on Virtual Currency Transactions for the IRS guidelines. If you are reporting virtual currency transactions in the 1040 return, be sure to mark the Yes box on the "At any time during 2021, did you receive, sell, exchange, or otherwise dispose of any financial interest in any virtual currency" question.
Form 6252 - Installment Sale:
- Generating Form 6252 for a Current Year Installment Sale
- Entering a Prior Year Installment Sale Form 6252
Form 8824 - Like Kind Exchange:
Form 4684 - Casualties and Thefts:
- Reporting gains and losses from casualty or theft on Form 4684 in Lacerte
- Generating Form 4684 casualty or theft loss for an individual return in Lacerte
- Why is Form 4684, line 26 printing the line 20 amount?