Below, you'll find information about entering Form 1040-SR, U.S. Tax Return for Seniors, in Lacerte.
What is the purpose of Form 1040-SR?
Taxpayers 65 or older can choose to file Form 1040-SR or Form 1040. The 1040-SR has larger print than the 1040, but both forms use the same schedules and instructions.
How do I suppress Form 1040-SR for one client?
To suppress Form 1040-SR for one client:
- Go to Screen 3, Miscellaneous Information/Direct Deposit.
- Scroll down to the Miscellaneous section.
- Enter a 2 in Form 1040-SR: 1=when applicable, 2=suppress [O].
How do I set the User Options to use or suppress Form 1040-SR for all clients?
To set the User Options to use or suppress Form 1040-SR for all clients:
- From the Settings menu, select Options.
- Select the Tax Return tab.
- Locate the Federal Tax Return Options section.
- In the Form 1040-SR dropdown menu, select either When applicable or Suppress.