One of the following critical diagnostics is generating in the Individual module of Lacerte:
- e-file: Form 2555 - W-2 Employer identification number (EIN) is missing or invalid (ref. #404)
- e-file: Form 2555 - W-2 #X: Employer identification number (EIN) is invalid. A valid EIN is a nine-digit number, is all numeric, cannot equal NONE or the taxpayer's or spouse's SSN, and must not be all 0s or 9s. (ref. #405)
Select the applicable diagnostic below for instructions on resolving the diagnostic.
- How do you Report Foreign Wages for an Individual return?
- Entering Form 2555, Foreign Income Exclusion for the physical presence test
- Form 2555, Foreign Wages Input: When there is foreign compensation that is not reported on Form W-2, you must either indicate that the employee performed services while residing in the US or enter the foreign address of the employee (Ref #40896)