This article can help you resolve the following Lacerte diagnostic Ref. 7199:
- The taxpayer made contributions to an HSA but the type of coverage '1=self-only coverage, 2=family coverage' (Screen 32.1, code 3) is not indicated. The type of coverage is a mandatory entry. (ref. #7199)
Form 8889, Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) is required, and will be produced even though entries haven't been made in Screen 32.1, if there are entries in either of the following:
- Screen 10, Wages Salaries, Tips > Company Contributions to HSA code W, in the field Box 12.
- Screen 13.1, Pensions, IRA Distributions > Other Information section > Qualified HSA funding distribution (traditional and Roth IRAs only).
To generate Form 8889:
- Go to Screen 32, HSA/MSA/LTC Contracts (1099-SA, 5498-SA).
- Select Health Savings Account (8889) from the left menu.
- Complete the applicable input for Form 8889 to generate the form properly and remove the diagnostic.