The following e-file critical diagnostic is generating:
ProConnect generates this diagnostic to prevent an IRS e-file rejection:
If a return does not have a value on one of these lines, the return cannot be e-filed, and must be paper filed.
Common reasons for this diagnostic:
- No income has been entered on the return.
- The taxpayer's only income is non-taxable Social Security.
- The taxpayer is filing Form 2555, all income is excluded, and no tax payments were made.
- You're trying to e-file an extension and haven't entered information for the regular tax return yet.
- Note: This diagnostic pertains to the 1040, and will not prevent you from e-filing an extension.