You can generate Form 8862, Information To Claim Certain Credits After Disallowance, in the Individual module of ProConnect using the Miscellaneous Forms screen.
Follow these steps to generate Form 8862:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- On the left-side menu, select Miscellaneous Forms.
- Click on EIC/CTC/AOC After Disallowances (8862).
- Enter the appropriate number in Qualifying children: 1=one, 2=two, 3=three, 4=none (mandatory for EIC claim).
- Complete any other applicable information on this screen.
Refer to IRS Pub. 596 for more information on when to use Form 8862.