You can generate Form 8283 for noncash contributions over $5,000 in the Individual module of ProConnect Tax using the Deductions screen. Refer to the IRS Instructions for Form 8283 for more information.
Follow these steps to generate Form 8283 for noncash contributions over $5,000:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select Deductions and choose Noncash Contributions (8283) from the dropdown menu.
- Under the Donee subsection, enter the following information about the charitable organization:
- Name of charitable organization (donee)
- Street address
- State / ZIP code (U.S. addresses only)
- Region / ZIP code / Country (foreign addresses only)
- From the top of the screen, select More Than $5,000.
- Locate the Contributions of More Than $5,000 (Except Certain Publicly Traded Securities) section.
- Enter the Type of property donated (Click on arrow to select from list) (Required for Section B).
- Under the Donee subsection, enter the Date received by charitable organization (negative date=various)
- Under the Property A subsection, enter the following fields:
- Description of donated property
- Fair market value
- Complete any other applicable fields on this screen.
- Go to the Check Return tab to make sure Form 8283 has generated.
Use the Property B and Property C subsections if multiple items of the same property type (selected in step 6) were donated to the same charitable organization. Click the plus sign (+) at the top of the screen to enter contributions to additional charitable organizations (donees).