ProConnect Tax automatically generates Form 2210 when the total of your client's withholding and timely estimated tax payments for the year are less than:
- 90% of the tax calculated on this year's return, or
- 100% of the tax calculated on last year's return (whichever is lower).
If your return fails to meet either of the above requirements, ProConnect Tax won't generate Form 2210 unless forced to.
Follow these steps to force Form 2210 to generate:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Select Payments, Penalties & Extensions.
- Select Penalties and Interest (2210).
- Under the Underpayment Penalty (2210) section, locate the field labeled Form 2210 options.
- Select 3=Force from the dropdown menu.