If Form 2241, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, isn't generating in Intuit ProConnect, it's likely because of one of the following reasons:
- The taxpayer or spouse has no earned income
- The dependent information is incomplete
Select the applicable situation below more information.
For tax year 2021 only:
- The expense limit has been raised to $8,000 for one individual, and to $16,000 for more than one.
- The maximum credit percentage has been increased to 50% and the credit itself is refundable.
- AGI phaseout has been significantly increased. This will be seen in the calculations on Form 2441.
- See the 2021 IRS Pub. 503 for more information.
This temporary increase was not extended for tax year 2022 returns.