Follow these steps to enter a statutory employee W-2 and send the income to the Schedule C:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select Income and choose Business Income (Sch C).
- Enter the Principal business or profession.
- Select the Principal business code from the dropdown list.
- From the top of the screen, select Income Statement.
- Scroll down to the Expenses section and complete any applicable fields.
- From the left of the screen, select Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2).
- Enter the wages and withholdings as reported on the W-2.
- Scroll down to the Box 13 subsection.
- Check the Statutory employee box.
- Select the Schedule C name or number, if statutory employee from the dropdown list.
If you make an entry in the W-2 earnings as statutory employee [Override] field on the Schedule C screen, it will override the amount carried from the statutory employee W-2.
Additional information on the Schedule SE
ProConnect Tax Online won't generate the Schedule SE for any Schedule C that's linked to a W-2. According to the Schedule C instructions, if you receive a statutory employee W-2 and there's additional Schedule C income, you must file two separate Schedule Cs—one to show the W-2 with related expenses, and another to report the self-employed income and expenses. See the IRS Instructions for Schedule C for additional information.