This article will assist you with entering educator expenses for Form 1040 in Intuit ProConnect.
Follow these steps to enter educator expenses from Schedule 1, line 10 in the program:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select Deductions and choose Adjustments to Income.
- From the top of the screen, select Education.
- Locate the Education Related Adjustments section.
- Enter the Educator expenses.
- The amount allowed will flow to Schedule 1, line 10.
Common questions about educator expenses
Check out this IRS resource for more information about qualified educator expenses.