To enter a change of address on Form 8822 (or enter a new address for proforma/organizer purposes only):
- Go to Screen 73, Change of Address (8822/8822-B) in the Detail tab.
- Under Form 8822 Change Home Mailing Address, complete the Old Address (MANDATORY for Form 8822) section.
- If you see your new address on Screen 1, Client Information under Address, don't complete the New Address section on Screen 73, Change of Address (Lacerte will use the address in Client Information if you haven't completed this section).
- If you see your old address on Screen 1, Client Information, and you haven't entered your new address in the New Address (if different from client information) field, select the box labeled Transfer New Address to Client Information When Transferring Tax Return Data to Next Year.
- This action sends the address you entered under the New Address section to Client Information in the next year's program during the proforma process and prints the new address on the organizer as well.
- To print filing instructions for this form, go to Screen 5.1, Invoice & Letter.
- Under the Filing Instructions section, select the box Change of Address (8822).
The filing instructions will only print if you selected Change of Address and set Filing instructions to yes in Options or in Filing instructions: 1 = yes, 2 = no [O] in Screen 5.1 under Filing Instructions.
The mailing address for the Form 8822 depends on the state or country of your old home's mailing address.