Follow these steps to enter 1099-DIV cash or noncash liquidation distributions in the program:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select Income and choose Dispositions (Sch D, etc.).
- Select Schedule D/4797/etc.
- In the Quick Entry grid, click the blue Details button to expand.
- Under Dispositions (Sch D, etc.), enter the Description of Property.
- Enter the date of the basis investment in the Date acquired (negative date=various) field.
- Enter the date the corporation was liquidated in the Date sold (negative date=various) field.
- In the Sales price field, enter the amount reported in box 9 or 10 of the 1099-DIV.
- Enter the known basis amount in the Cost or other basis (do not reduce by depreciation) field.