ProConnect Tax will automatically populate the Schedule A, line 5, with state and local tax withholding entered on income screens and state estimates entered as paid.
The program will also calculate the allowable sales tax deduction based on the client's state of residency.
To enter additional state or local taxes:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- Select Deductions.
- Select Itemized Deductions (Sch A).
- Select the Taxes tab.
- Enter the tax amounts in the applicable fields.
Items automatically included for Schedule A, line 5:
- State and local income tax withholding from a W-2, 1099-R, Partnership K-1, S-Corp K-1, 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, dispositions, 1099-G, and 1099-MISC
- State and local refunds applied and estimates entered as paid on the Payments, Penalties & Extensions, 2021 Estimated Payments screen
- Sales taxes calculated per the optional tables (based on the resident state selected on the General, Client Information screen)