Follow these steps to enter a disposition of Schedule E rental property with assets:
- Complete the Schedule E Worksheet with any final-year rental income and expenses.
- In the Check All that Apply section, select Box H, Complete taxable disposition - See Help.
- Go to Asset Entry Worksheet.
- Go to the Dispositions section and enter any applicable information. Do the same for any other asset.
- The program will calculate gains and losses based on those entries and carry to the applicable section of Form 4797.
- You'll find the entries notated in the disposition section of the Asset Entry Worksheet.