Below are the most popular resources associated with Schedule H.
Generating the Schedule H:
- Open the individual return.
- Press F6 to bring up Open Forms.
- Complete questions A, B and C to determine what section of the Schedule H needs to be completed.
- Complete the required entries.
For tax year 2021 and 2022:
If there was a deferral of the employers share of social security tax in tax year 2020 those repayments would not be made on the tax year 2021 and tax year 2022 tax returns. See here for information on how to make those repayments.
For tax year 2020: Changes to Schedule H for coronavirus-related employment tax credits and other tax relief:
In tax year 2020 employers can defer the payment of the employer share of social security tax otherwise due during the calendar quarter. The amount of deferral is reported on line 8d. See the instructions for line 8d for more information. More details can be found in the Schedule H instructions.
If the taxpayer is eligible to defer all or part of the Schedule H taxes:
- Open the completed Schedule H.
- On line 8d enter the maximum amount of the employer share of social security tax that can be deferred.
- This will flow to the 1040/1040SR Worksheet on line 12e.
- The calculation for line 12e will be shown directly above line 12e in the On the Deferral for Certain Schedule H or SE Filers Smart Worksheet:
- If the taxpayer doesn't want to defer the tax: on the Deferral for Certain Schedule H or SE Filers Smart Worksheet enter a 0 on line 11.