How do you delete, remove, or clear Form 1040-X (amended return) from a client file after it's been generated?
To clear an amended return:
- Go to Screen 59, Amended Return (1040X).
- Under the Detail menu, select Switch to Batch (or press Ctrl+W to switch to Batch Mode).
- Under the Code column, select the first code listed (the code should be 1).
- Press and hold Ctrl+D. All codes, amounts and descriptions should be deleted.
- Under the Detail menu, select Switch to Interactive (or press Ctrl+W ) to return to the normal input screen.
- If that doesn't work, make sure the client's F4 status isn't set to "Return Complete".
- If the return status wasn't set to "Complete", or if changing the status didn't resolve the issue, browse to the data path to rename the problem file.