This article explains what to do when the following error is triggered while attempting to e-file:
"We are having difficulty recognizing the data you are sending. Please try again. - 601ERRV:?, PLD_01 - ?:? - Unable to splice payload. Indicated length greater than actual length."
This error may occur if:
- You're trying to e-file a return with Send PDF attachment with federal return set to Yes but you aren't sending the federal return at this time.
- The PDF file attachment is damaged.
To clear the transmission error when transmitting a state return only:
- On the Clients tab, either double-click the client to enter or click once to highlight the client and then select the Detail tab.
- Under General, select Electronic Filing (Screen 4 in the Individual module).
- Click the PDF Attachment button.
- Look for Send PDF attachment with federal return and set it to No.
- Repeat for any other PDFs to be transmitted with the state return only.
- Attempt to transmit the return again.
To clear the transmission error when transmitting a federal and state return (the PDF is corrupted):
- In the Detail tab, select Electronic Filing (Screen 4 in Individual).
- Delete the PDF Attachments.
- Return to the client list.
- Open the return to the details tab.
- Go back to the Electronic Filing screen and re-attach the desired PDFs.
- Attempt to re-transmit the return.