The Submission Identification Number, or submission ID, is a unique twenty-digit number that is assigned to tax returns when you transmit them electronically. It's also sometimes called an MeF submission ID or an e-file confirmation number.
Follow these steps to view a return's submission ID:
- Select E-File Dashboard on the left side of your program.
- There is a column for SUBMISSION ID# at the far right.
- Click on the return's Status (for example, Accepted or Rejected).
- This will display the return's e-file history. Locate the Submission ID field.
If you e-filed a return more than once, all previous submissions will be listed here. Just click on any submission to view its details, including the submission ID.
- You can also find the submission ID on the File Return tab or on your E-File Confirmation Letter, if the return is still checked for e-filing on the Profile tab.
- Each e-file you transmit for a client will have a unique submission ID, including extensions and amended returns.
- ProConnect automatically assigns the submission ID when you e-file (electronically transmit) a return.