If you change the Federal ID Number or the Type of Company in the Company information screen after e-filing, the information won't match for next quarter's e-file and you'll receive the follow error message: E-file could not be submitted due to a change in the EIN of the company.
Follow these steps to resolve this error:
- Make note of the Current Data Path from the Company Selection screen in EasyACCT
- Use File Explorer to browse to Current Data Path for the company.
- Search for the file named EFCOMHIS.###
- ### is the 3 digit company ID of the company receiving the error.
- Right click the file and rename it EFCOMHISold.###.
- Try the 940/941 e-file again.
If these steps don't resolve your error, contact our customer support team for additional help.