This article will help resolve the following:
- F7004-904: Form 7004, the tax year ending date ("TaxPeriodEndDate" specified in the "ReturnHeader") must match the data in the e-file database unless one of the checkboxes in Line 5b - "Initial Return", "Final Return" or "Consolidated return to be filed" is checked.
How to resolve this e-file reject:
- Review the reason for the rejection, and, if necessary, make the appropriate change and re-submit this return electronically. However, if the rejection continues, you might want to paper-file, print the return and mail it to the appropriate IRS Service Center.
- Make sure the dates are entered correctly in Lacerte, and are printing correctly on Page 2, Part V of Form 7004.
- If the dates are entered correctly, contact the IRS at 866-255-0654 to verify the records for the entity's calendar/fiscal year-end information.
If this is an initial return:
- Go to Miscellaneous Information screen:
- Screen 3 (Partnership)
- Screen 4.1 (Corporate)
- Screen 3.1 (S Corporate)
- Screen 2.1 (Fiduciary)
- Complete the information under the Tax Year Information subsection (all three fields must be completed).
- Beginning fiscal year [O]
- Ending fiscal year [O]
- Number of months if short tax year (for annualization)