The following articles respond to frequently asked questions about the electronic filing signature main form.
- How to override diagnostic ref. 8982, taxpayer's signature date is required for PIN signature e-file in Lacerte.
- How to set up an electronic payment of federal estimates for an individual return in Lacerte
- For information about electronically filing federal extensions for an individual or business return, see common questions about electronic filing of extensions in Lacerte
- For information on which estimates can be e-filed separately from the tax return, see Using the E-file Estimated Payment Wizard
- For information on which amended returns can be e-filed, see common questions about e-filing Individual amended returns (Form 1040-X)
- How to attach PDF Documents to a 1040 Return
- How to generate individual Form 8948 and taxpayer's e-file opt-out statement
- Signature requirements when e-filing state tax returns
- How to e-file the Foreign Bank and Financial Accounts Report (FBAR) form