The following e-file diagnostic is generating:
e-file: Form 114: Firm's tax ID number is required for e-file purposes. Please verify the firm's TIN from the firm information settings or from the alternate paid preparer information input. (ref. #2040650)
There are two possible solutions to this diagnostic:
- Entering the EIN (TIN)
- Entering to SSN for clients that are self-employed
Follow these steps to enter the EIN (TIN) in the program:
- Click Settings in the bottom left of the screen.
- Click Firm Information.
- Enter the Federal I.D. Number.
Follow these steps to enter the SSN for a self-employed taxpayer:
- Go to Settings in the bottom left of the screen.
- Select Preparer Information.
- Click on the Preparer's name.
- Check the box labeled Self-Employed (if not already selected).
- Enter the taxpayer’s SSN in the Social Security Number field.