The following California diagnostic is generating in the Individual module of Lacerte:
"e-file: State of domicile is required for e-file." (ref. #16499)
This diagnostic generates when CA isn't set as the full year resident state in Screen 1, Client Information.
Follow these steps to resolve the diagnostic for a full-year resident:
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information.
- Check the Full Year Resident? box.
Follow these steps to resolve the diagnostic for a part-year or nonresident:
- Click on the diagnostic or go to Screen 55, Part-Year/Nonresident Information.
- Select California from the left navigation menu.
- Locate the California Part-Year/Nonresident Information section.
- Locate the Domicile in 2021 subsection.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the State in which the the Taxpayer and/or Spouse were domiciled during the year.
- Use the dropdown menu to select the Country.
- Complete any other applicable subsections for the client.