This article will help you resolve ProConnect diagnostic ref. 7520 which states: "Returns with penalties and interest cannot be filed electronically. You must file this return as a conventional paper return."
The message is triggered if 1's are entered in the Late Penalty and Interest input fields in the Penalties & Interest (2220) screen.
To resolve this diagnostic
- To show the estimated penalties on Form 1120, you must paper file the return.
- To show the estimated penalties in the client letter so your client is notified of amounts to be paid and can still e-file:
- Print the client letter and client copy of the return.
- From the Input Return tab, go to Payments, Penalties & Extensions ⮕ Penalties & Interest (2220).
- Go to the Late Return Pen. & Int. tab at the top of the page.
- Remove the 1= Automatic from Lines Late filing, or Late payment.
Once the diagnostic has cleared, the return can be e-filed.