Within ProSeries Professional, there are two ways to import data:
- Tax Import: This no-additional-cost service allows you to directly download your clients' 1099-B, 1099-INT, and 1099-DIV data from participating financial institutions—via a website that's easy for you and your clients to use and access.
- Tax Scan and Import: This add-on feature allows you to scan source documents and upload them for processing through your ProSeries software, where our online services convert them into a digital format that can be downloaded directly into the tax forms.
For a full feature comparison, refer to the ProSeries Data Import page.
ProSeries Basic doesn't support the Tax Scan and Import option. However, you do have access to the Tax Import option.
How do I use the features in ProSeries?
- For information about using Tax Import, see: Importing financial institution data into ProSeries with Tax Import
- For information about using Tax Scan and Import, see: Importing read source documents with ProSeries Scan and Import
Please provide agent feedback to this article if you find content that should be linked.
Agent Only Articles:
- How to Resolve all Tax Import Scan and Submit issues
- How Do I Use the Tax Import Pre-Import Review?
- How Can I Tell the Status of the Scanned Documents Submitted to ProSeries Tax Import for Processing?
- Updating Tax Import Status (Scan and Submit)
- Missing Firm Information Error Attempting 1099 Download Tax Import in ProSeries
- Unable to authenticate with ACS: Customer_Account_Number_Zip Tax Import Error
- Validate the Last Name Zip code SSN and Preparer have been entered.. ProSeries Tax Import Error