This article will walk you through installing the Document Management System for use on multiple computers on a network.
DMS is always installed on the local drive as a stand-alone application. However, you can keep the database on a shared location to use with other users on the network.
Follow these steps to install DMS on a network:
- Install DMS on a computer using one of the applicable articles below:
- Open DMS.
- Create a new DMS Database using the steps below:
- From the File menu, select Database and choose New.
- Click Next in the Welcome wizard.
- Enter in the path for the new DMS database location and click Next.
- Create the new database on the network drive. DMS can only create a database in an empty folder.
- In the Set Up Default Folder Template screen, set up your folder structure for organizing your client's files, if applicable.
- Use the folders provided or customize the structure by clicking on the Add, Delete, or Rename buttons on the right.
- After completing the desired folder structure, click Next.
- The final screen let you populate the database by importing your data from the tax program or another DMS database.
- On the other computers, browse to the Database folder and run the setup file.
- Refer to this article for instructions on locating the DMS Database.