You can create custom database reports to sort various items that are applicable to the selected clients' files, and you can select the printing order. These custom reports can be created in any of your installed tax modules (Individual, Partnership, etc.).
Follow these steps to create a custom database report:
- Go to the Clients tab.
- Select the clients you want to include in the custom database report.
- Press F3 on your keyboard to open the Group Selection window and select a group of clients based on specific criteria, or hold down the Ctrl key and manually click the clicks you want to include in the report.
- From the Print menu, select Database Reports.
- Go to the Custom tab in the Database Reports window.
- Select the Add Report icon in the toolbar to create a report.
- If this is the first time you've gone into custom reports, the program will prompt you to create a new report.
- Enter a name for the new report and click OK.
- In the Available field, select the item(s) you want to filter for the client data.
- Double-click the item(s) to move them to the Print Columns field.
- You can click the Preview button at any time to view the report, or click the Print button to start printing the report.
- Click the Save icon to save the report for later use.
- Click the Close button.