You may have noticed the same clients are listed in your client list in ProConnect Tax and your customer list in QuickBooks Online Accountant. This is because, by default, these lists are synchronized. Any client you create in one is automatically added to the other.
However, it's possible that you've ended up with duplicate entries. This usually happens when you've add a client to both the ProConnect Tax client list and the QuickBooks Online Accountant custom list. You can combine duplicate clients into a single entry by using the Merge Duplicate Clients utility.
Only the primary admin and firm users with full access can perform a consolidation. Other users will not see this option.
Follow these steps to consolidate duplicate clients:
- Open ProConnect Tax.
- In the left view, choose QB Accountant.
- Select Settings.
- Under Tools, select Merge Duplicate Clients.
- Select Get started.
- Mark the checkbox for each QuickBooks Online client you want to merge.
- For each selected client, select the name of the client to merge with from the Matched Client Name dropdown list.
- You must select a matched client for each Target client you selected.
- Select the Select client contact info button.
- For each match, use the dropdown lists on the Select client contact info screen to specify the client contact data.
- For example, Company name, Display name, Email, or Mobile) to keep when the clients are merged.
- Select the Verify changes button once you've specified all of the data to keep.
- Review the information you'r merging and select Merge clients.
- Select Done.