The following IRS e-file XML reject error for a federal corporation is occuring in Lacerte:
X0000-005 The XML data has failed schema validation
Follow these steps to resolve the error:
- Go to Screen 78, Foreign Disregarded Entities, Information Return for FDE (8858).
- Locate the General Information section.
- Remove any invalid US address entries for foreign address (foreign address with ZIP code and country entered with additional US state and ZIP code).
- Do this for each address field.
- Go to the Forms tab.
- This will cause the program to recalculate with new information.
- E-file the return again.
Refer to this IRS resource for more information about XML errors.