This article will assist you with generating Form 8833, Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure for a 1120-F return in the Corporate module of Lacerte. Refer to IRS Pub 519 for more information about reporting treaty benefits claimed.
Follow these steps to generate Form 8833 in the program:
- Go to Screen 69, Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure (8833).
- Scroll down to the Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure Under Section 6114 or 7701(b)(8833) section.
- Mark any applicable boxes:
- Disclosing a treaty-based return position as required by section 6114
- Taxpayer is a dual-resident and is disclosing a treaty-based return position as required by Reg. section 301.7701(b)-7
- Taxpayer is a U.S. citizen or resident or is incorporated in the U.S.
- Enter any other applicable fields on this screen.