Use Form 3539, Payment for Automatic Extension for Corporations and Exempt Organizations to make a payment with an extension.
For Corporate and S Corporate returns:
- Go to the Extension screen.
- Corporate - Screen 12 Extension (7004)
- S Corporate - Screen 12 Extension of Time to File (7004)
- Enter a 1 in 1 = automatic extension, 2 = blank (MANDATORY).
- There must be an amount due on the return or, an entry made in Tentative Tax [O].
For an Exempt Organizations:
- Go to Screen 15, Extensions.
- In the California Extension Voucher (3539) section, make an entry in 1=Form 199, 2=Form 109, 3=both to indicate which form(s) to trigger the Form 3539.
- For Form 199 enter any Amount Due and for Form 109, enter the Tentative tax (-1=none) to override the calculation of the tentative income tax, for extension purposes only. Enter -1 if the tentative tax is zero. The program reduces the amount by the entry in 2021 Estimated Tax Payments [O] and prints the result on Form 3539, on the amount of payment line.