This article will help you with installing the New Jersey fiscal returns in the Corporate or S-Corporate module of ProSeries Professional.
Before you start:
- Tax year 2013 and later fiscal year New Jersey Corporate and S-Corporate products are only available on a Pay-Per-Return basis. When first opening the New Jersey fiscal Corporate or S-Corporate return in a client's file, you'll be prompted for the Pay-Per-Return authorization.
- The fiscal year return installs into the prior year of ProSeries.
- For example: If you need New Jersey fiscal forms for tax year 2021, you'd open ProSeries 2020 to access the return.
- The New Jersey PTE forms are currently not supported in ProSeries.
How do I install New Jersey fiscal returns?
The instructions below are applicable for tax year 2013 and later.
Follow these steps to install NJ fiscal year products:
- Open ProSeries.
- From the Update menu, select Select and Download New Products...
- In the product selection window, locate the New Jersey (NJ) row
- Check the Fiscal check boxes under the 1120 and 1120S columns.
- If your ProSeries doesn't have the Fiscal check boxes on the Product Selection screen, you'll need to download the latest updates using the Update Installed Products menu item in the Updates menu.
- Click the Next button to begin the download and installation.
Generating New Jersey fiscal returns:
- Open the prior year of ProSeries.
- Open the federal return.
- From the File menu, select Go to State/City.
- Select New Jersey for the current year.