There are two common apportionment methods for multi-state S corporation income tax returns filed to Arizona: standard apportionment and sales factor-only apportionment.
- Standard Apportionment: All non-air carrier taxpayers are allowed to use Arizona's standard apportionment formula, which double-weights the sales factor.
- Sales Factor-Only Apportionment: All non-air carrier taxpayers may use Arizona's sales factor-only apportionment formua, which is determined by dividing Arizona Sales by Everywhere Sales.
- Multi-State Returns for the Partnership S-Corporate and Corporate Modules
- Allocating Balance Sheet Amounts to a State
- Understanding Allocation Versus Apportionment