ProConnect can be used to e-file quarterly estimate payments for certain states. These state estimates are transmitted separately from the tax return or extension. Each quarter must be e-filed by itself.
To e-file state estimates:
- Go to the Profile tab and check the box(es) for payments you would like to transmit.
- Go to the Check Return tab.
- Select the state name from the left, then click State e-file Payment (ES)
- Verify the amounts, dates, and banking information are correct on this form.
- Go to the File Return tab.
- Click E-File Estimated Payment on the left of the screen.
- Use the radio button to choose which quarter you will be transmitting, then click E-File Now.
- Repeat step 7 for all estimated payments you would like to transmit.
|Connecticut||Florida||Maryland||New Jersey CBT||Connecticut|
|Iowa||Iowa||District of Columbia||New York City||New Jersey|
|Maryland||Maryland||New York||Pennsylvania||New York|
|New York||New Jersey||New York City||Tennessee Franchise||New York City|
|New York City UBT||New York||Pennsylvania||Connecticut||District of Columbia|
|Tennessee Franchise||New York City||Tennessee Franchise||New Jersey PTE||Vermont|
|Wisconsin||Tennessee Franchise||California||District of Columbia|
|New Jersey||California||New Jersey||Vermont|
|Vermont||Vermont||New Jersey PTE|
|District of Columbia||District of Columbia|
Electronic estimate payments for federal and other states
Many returns where ProConnect doesn't support e-filing quarterly estimates have the option of scheduling all quarters to be electronically withdrawn from a bank account when you e-file the tax return.
Individual returns with electronic estimate support
Federal, Arkansas, Idaho, Illinois, Maine, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, and Oregon estimates can be sent electronically but they must be sent with the initial filing of the tax return.
These estimates are not available to e-file separately, and can't be set up through the program after you file a return.
To set up electronic payment of estimates:
- Go to the Input Return tab.
- From the left of the screen, select General and choose Misc. Info./Direct Deposit.
- Mark the checkbox labeled Electronic payment of estimated tax.
- Or if you're setting up state estimates, select the state abbreviation along the top of your input screen. Check the box for electronic payment of estimated tax in the state's specific area.
- Many states have the option to enter bank information here if different from the federal financial institution info. If your client is using the same bank account for all returns, leave these fields blank. Select the Electronic Filing tab along the top of the input to verify financial institution details have been entered.
- Scroll down to Financial Institution #1.
- Enter the Routing Transit Number, Depositor Account Number, and select the Type of account from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the Check Return tab.
- Make sure all information is generating correctly on the e-file Payment Record forms.
When you e-file the return, the information shown on the e-file Payment Record will be sent to the taxing agency. If you need to cancel or change the estimates after e-filing, you must contact the taxing agency.