The following diagnostics are generating in Intuit ProConnect:
"Federal ending balance sheet out of balance by $#. Total ending assets = $#. Total ending liabilities and equity = $#. See the "Help Me" topic "Balance the Balance Sheet" for suggested procedures to assist you in isolating and correcting the out of balance condition. (ref. #25266)"
Ref #'s 25266, 25184, and 25458.
This diagnostic will generate when the balance sheet is out of balance—even if the balance sheet isn't required (unless the option has been set).
This diagnostic can only be turned off on a per-client basis in ProConnect.
Follow these steps to turn off the diagnostic for one client:
- Open the client return.
- Go to the applicable Balance Sheet Miscellaneous screen for your tax type.
- Balance Sheet, M-1, M-2, M-3 > Balance Sheet Miscellaneous (S-Corporate)
- Balance Sheet, M-1, M-2 > Balance Sheet Miscellaneous (Partnership)
- Balance Sheet > Balance Sheet Miscellaneous (Corporate)
- Locate the Other subsection.
- Enter a 1 in When balance sheet not required, produce diagnostic if out-of-balance, 1=no, 2=yes [Override].