How do I turn off the following diagnostic, when it is not required?
Federal ending balance sheet out of balance by $#. Total ending assets = $#. Total ending liabilities and equity = $#. See the "Help Me" topic "Balance the Balance Sheet" for suggested procedures to assist you in isolating and correcting the out of balance condition. (ref. #25266)
This diagnostic will generate when the balance sheet is out of balance even if the balance sheet is not required (unless the option has been set).
Solution #1: To turn the Diagnostic off globally (for all clients):
- Select Settings.
- Select Options.
- Select the Tax Return tab.
- Scroll down to the Federal Tax Options section.
- Locate the When Balance Sheet not Required, Alert if Out of Balance option.
- Select No from the drop down menu.
Solution #2: To turn off the diagnostic per client:
- In the Balance Sheet Miscellaneous screen.
- S-Corporate - Screen 30, Balance Sheet Miscellaneous
- Partnership - Screen 25, Balance Sheet Miscellaneous
- Corporate - Screen 38, Balance Sheet Miscellaneous.
- Locate the Other subsection.
- Enter a '1' in, When balance sheet not required, produce diagnostic if out-of-balance, 1=no, 2=yes [O].
One workstation isn't generating diagnostic warnings the balance sheet is out of balance when the balance sheet is not required to be filed in the tax return. Check the settings above.