There are two ways to restore data to DMS depending on how the backup was made:
- If the data folder was copied to another location, simply recopy it to the normal location or use the secondary location by browsing to it.
- If the DMS backup utility was used to create the backup, it created a compressed archive file of the data.
- The file will need to be decompressed using the DMS restore utility before it can be used.
How to restore the database from a backup utility file
- Go to the File menu, select Database, and click Restore.
- In the Select a DMS backup file to restore box, type the path where the backup resides or click Browse.
- In the Select destination for restored database box, type the path where the new database will reside or click Browse.
- This folder should be empty.
- Click Next, then Finish.
- Go to the File menu, select Database, and click Open.
- Click Browse and choose the folder used in step 3.
How to restore the database from a backup of the original folder
- Copy the original database folder to a chosen destination.
- In DMS, go to the File menu, select Database, and click Open.
- In the next window, click the Browse button.
- Browse to the folder where you copied the database and click OK.