This article explains what to do if the following errors are triggered:
- DMS DBISAM Engine Error ????? - Unable to Initialize Database
- DMS DBISAM Engine Error ????? - Access denied to table or backup file
These errors trigger when:
- The Document Management System (DMS) program fails to open
- While updating the DMS folder templates and trying to import a client or file
How to resolve the errors
These errors may occur if your anti-virus program isn't configured to exclude the DMS program and database folder.
- Contact your anti-virus vendor for instructions on how to configure real-time scanning to exclude the following file locations:
- C:\Users\users name\AppData\Local\Temp\DMSTemp
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Intuit\DMS
- DMS database location
After excluding the folders above, try the operation again. If the error persists, follow the outlined steps, below.
- After each set of steps, retry the original operation and see if the error is triggered.