The following diagnostic is generating:
An election statement is available to support the election to use MACRS straight line method for current year assets. (ref. #2000191)
This diagnostic generates if an asset is entered on the Depreciation screen and the depreciation Method selected is a straight line method.
Follow these steps to enter the appropriate election statement:
- From the Input Return tab, go to Other ⮕ Elections.
- For Partnerships, Corporate, S-Corporate and Fiduciary returns click Elections in the top right of the input screen.
- Scroll down to the Election to Use MACRS Straight Line Method section.
- Check the box labeled Use MACRS straight line method [168(b)(3)(D)].
- Enter the appropriate information in the Personal property class field.
- View Forms and make sure the Election to Depreciate MACRS property under the Straight Line Method is generating.