This article will help you resolve the following e-file diagnostic in Lacerte:
- The Ohio Schedule of Credits, nonresident credit ratio, is greater than 1.0000. The state of Ohio does not allow this for electronic filing. This return will need to be filed as a conventional paper return. (Ref. #34721)
If the ratio should be less than 1.00, follow these steps:
- Go to the Detail tab.
- Select Screen 53, Other Credits.
- Select Ohio from the left section St. Credits.
- Enter the amounts in the field Schedule D: Ohio AGI not earned or received in Ohio [O] for the taxpayer and/or spouse.
If the ratio is correct:
- Go to Screen 1, Client Information.
- Make sure Ohio isn't selected in Electronic Returns set for E-Filing, to generate the correct paper filing instructions and client letter.