The West Virginia Withholding Tax Schedule (IT-140W) is used for individual returns to account for W-2's, 1099's, K-1's and/or WV/NRW-2's when filing the tax return.
The online tax program automatically populated the IT-140W when input is entered under Income:
- Wages, Salaries, Tips (W-2)
- Interest Income (1099-INT)
- Pensions, IRSs (1099)
- Gambling Winnings/Losses (W-2G)
NOTE: Entries made in these screens will populate the IT-140W and also the IT-140, page 2, line 11.
If withholding needs to be entered which is not from a W-2, 1099, K-1, or WV/NRW-2's the online program does have an input screen to include these withholding amounts on the IT-140W and the IT-140.
Follow the instructions below:
- Under Categories; expand if necessary
- Go to State & Local; WV Withholding
- Click Activity; choose the appropriate category
Next enter the appropriate income subject to withholding and WV withholding.
NOTE: To view the output (results) go to the Check Results tab; select WV Tax Forms.