Watch the how to file a claim video.
1040 CLIENT PROTECTION FOR NOTICES AND ID THEFT
Save time and get peace-of-mind coverage with expert assistance from seasoned CPAs and EAs
Filing a claim with Protection Plus is simple.
Here's how it works:
Why should you choose Protection Plus for your firm?
Notices and audit resolution
Our bilingual (English and Spanish) team of experienced EA and CPA case resolution specialists provide personalized support to help your client:
- • Interpret letters from the IRS and the state, and help with correspondence.
- • Give guidance on next steps and representation as necessary.
- • Research the status of returns with the IRS.
- • Reconcile CP2000s and other inquiry letters.
- • Address issues with IRS forms including Schedules A, C, and E.
- • Assist with denied credits.
- • Resolve tax debts and rejected ITINs.
Identity theft restoration
Plus, give your clients comprehensive identity theft restoration services, including:
- • 24/7 access to ID restoration advocates.
- • Notifications to banks and agencies if other forms of ID were stolen.
- • Fraud alerts on credit records.
- • Daily credit monitoring from all three bureaus for 6 months after ID theft has been reported.
Grow your firm and get valuable time back—all with an entire tax audit defense department at your service
When you provide the Firm-Level program to all of your 1040 individual clients for just $10 per return,* you can both enjoy peace of mind all year long. Your experienced team of CPAs and EAs from Tax Protection Plus are on your side to handle situations when your clients receive notices from the IRS or state agencies, get audited, or become the victims of identity theft.
Ready to enroll? Visit the Protection Plus website to register.
Give your clients even more confidence
Give a certificate of membership to every 1040 individual client after enrolling, so they know they’re covered and how to reach our team of specialists.
Add a seal to every client’s copy of their return to remind them that they’re protected even after e-file completion.