Actually, you can buy peace-of-mind
When you provide the firm-level program to all of your 1040 individual clients for just $10 per return*, you and your clients can enjoy peace of mind all year long. We’ve partnered with an experienced team of CPAs and EAs from Tax Protection Plus who are on your side to handle situations when your clients receive notices from the IRS or state agencies, get audited or become the victims of identity theft.
Notices and audit assistance
Our bilingual (English and Spanish) team of experienced EA and CPA case resolution specialists provides personalized support if a client receives a notice from the IRS or state, or gets audited. They'll help your clients:
- Interpret letters from the IRS and the state, and help with correspondence
- Give guidance on next steps and representation as necessary
- Research the statuses of returns with the IRS
- Reconcile CP2000s and other inquiry letters
- Address issues with IRS forms including Schedules A, C, and E
- Assist with denied credits
- Resolve tax debts and rejected ITINs
Identity theft restoration
We cover your clients with comprehensive identity theft restoration services, including:
- 24/7 access to identity theft restoration advocates
- Notifications to banks and agencies if other forms of ID were stolen
- Fraud alerts on credit records
- Daily credit monitoring from all three bureaus for 6 months after ID theft has been reported
How it works
Client receives a notice
Your client receives a notice from the IRS or state taxation agency. They hit the panic button and call you, their tax professional.
You notify Tax Protection Plus
You're in charge. So offload the tedious tasks, but maintain control of the process. Tax Protection Plus works with you and your clients as much or as little or as you prefer.
Your tax specialist goes to work
Your assigned tax specialist analyzes the issue(s) and assemble required documentation. They’ll formulate a plan to get things resolved in your client’s favor.
The case is resolved
Your expert will make phone calls, wait on hold for answers, and work with all parties involved until the audit or notice is resolved - no matter how long it takes.
Invest in your business today with Protection Plus
Peace of mind for all your 1040 clients
per 1040 return
Available to Lacerte, ProConnect and ProSeries – must cover all of your 1040 clients
Entrust unfamiliar work to seasoned credentialed experts
Offer more value to clients without extra work
Fee is paid by the preparer but can be offset by tax preparation feesGet started
Cover selected 1040 clients
per 1040 return
Available for ProSeries only
Includes the same audit and notice protection and identity theft restoration benefits as the firm-level offering
Fee is paid by the client; can be paid using Pay-by-ReturnLearn more
Give your clients even more confidence
Our free Protection Plus Marketing Kit gives clients one more reason to choose your practice. (It’s available in English & Spanish)