Enrolled in auto-renewal?* Simply download ProSeries when it’s available.
Boost your efficiency with ProSeries for tax year 2021
Gear up for tax season with My Account
As you prepare for another successful tax season, we wanted to remind you of all the ways that My Account can help you be even more efficient. You can:
- Verify that your account information is correct
- Manage your EFIN or get one if you don’t have one yet
- Add or change users or their permissions
- Order add-ons to boost productivity, like Hosting for ProSeries, Intuit eSignature or Pay-by-Refund
- Access your personalized training portal
- Manage your payment options
*Auto-renewed orders are processed at the discounted rate during the time of enrollment.
Product enhancements: Helping you work even more efficiently
We’ve updated your experience of importing QuickBooks data by introducing a new dialog box that auto-detects an open QuickBooks file for the return you’re working on, or prompts you to open one. Then, it allows you to set the beginning and end dates, and the basis for that return. To use this functionality, select Import, then Update Return with QuickBooks Data via SDK. Remember that you have to give ProSeries access to the QuickBooks file.
Tax accuracy notificationsCOMING SOON
Reduce the stress and hassle of finding returns that were affected by tax law or other changes after you filed them. Now, you’ll receive proactive notifications of these events, which of your clients were impacted, and what you need to do.
Background updaterCOMING SOON
Say goodbye to manual downloads and restarts every time you need to update Intuit ProSeries Tax, and hello to even more efficiency. With the background updates, ProSeries automatically downloads, verifies and installs updates whenever they’re available, so you can keep on working with the confidence that your software is running at its best.
Prior-year return background color
Know whether you’re working in a client's current-year return or their prior-year return based on different background colors displayed on-screen.
Integrated calculator enhancements
The integrated calculator is now easier to use than ever. Resize your window to grow and shrink the calculator to your preferred size. It also responds to Windows font size changes, like other ProSeries experiences, so it will always reflect your preferred settings. Finally, it now allows for three types of data entry: keyboard numbers/numpad, mouse clicks, and keyboard arrows.
Integrated calculator enhancements
New billing profileCOMING SOON
In compliance with industry mandates and to enhance your data security, we have consolidated billing for ProSeries, eSignature, and Tax Scan and Import into a single “wallet.” Now, you won’t have to re-enter your payment information every time you make a purchase. You can securely add, store, or edit payment methods in ProSeries or My Account, and remove any of your payment methods through My Account, for all of your Intuit Accountants products.
HomeBase view functionality
- Add/edit custom views: We’ve added enhancement to these views, along with a search menu to find the custom views quickly. You can now add custom views from the previous year.
- Query: Visit the drop-down menu for advanced filter editor to create a query for all the returns that have a certain preparer, for example. We have a helpful video to show you how it works. You can do different fields, and/or, equations, and include specific values you want for customization.
- HomeBase view (now available for ProSeries Basic): Now you can adjust the width of the column. Reset current view by dragging and dropping and save automatically. You can also do sizing similar with Excel.
- Filter (now available for ProSeries Basic): You can filter your HomeBase by clicking on the fliter icon on the HomeBase view. if you want to remove the filter you can click the X at the bottom right of the screen. Note—you can’t do a custom view in E-file Center. You can also reset the filter by going to HomeBase drop-down menu and click “Reset Current View”.
- Add/edit customer views in HomeBase: You can now add custom views or import 2020 views for customers and can easily access it via the drop-down menu. You also have a search bar to help you find what you are looking for more quickly. We have helpful videos to show you how it works.
- As with previous years, we’ve added the functionality to zoom in and out with “CTRL + and -”(or wheel of the mouse). This is available for both ProSeries Professional and Basic.
- Plus, ProSeries Professional users can automatically transfer their custom views from their tax year 2020 software to their tax year 2021 software.
The right rail in your HomeBase and EF Center views offers suggestions to help drive your productivity and efficiency
New forms and e-filing types for tax year 2021
Take advantage of 92 new forms and 21 new e-filing types across 19 states.
Federal (8 Forms)
- Form 9000, Alternative Media Preference
- Form 8915-F, Qualified Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments
- Form 14039-B, Business Identity Theft Affidavit
- Form 5471, Sch G-1, Cost Sharing Arrangement
- Schedule K-2, Partners Distributive Share Items - International
- Schedule K-3 Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc. - International
- Schedule K-2, Shareholders’ Pro Rata Share Items – International
- Schedule K-3, Shareholder’s Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc. - International
Alabama (12 Forms)
Partnership & S-Corporation:
- Form PTE-E, Pass-Through Entity Election Form
- Form EPT, Electing Pass-Through Entity Payment Return
- Schedule ATP, Additional Taxes & Penalties
- Schedule EPT-K1, Electing Pass-Through Entity K-1
- Schedule EPT-C, Electing Pass-Through Credits
- Schedule HBC, First Time Second Chance Home Buyer Deduction
- Schedule PTE-AJA, Alabama Jobs Act – Investment Credit
Arkansas (4 Forms)
- Form AR 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses
Corporate, S-Corporate & Partnership:
- Form AR 8944, Paper e-file Hardship Waiver Request
- Form AZ-8879-S - E-File Signature Authorization - S-Corporation
- Form AZ-8879-PE - E-File Signature Authorization - Partnership
California (9 Forms)
- Form CA 3913, Moving Expense Deduction
- Form CA 3804CR, Pass-Through Entity Elective Tax Credit
Corporate & S-Corporate:
- Form CA 3544, Assignment of Credit
Corporate, S-Corporate, Partnership, Individual & Fiduciary:
- Form 593, Real Estate Withholding Statement
Georgia (1 Forms)
- Form IND CR-213, Adoption of a Foster Child for Adoptions Occurring in Taxable Years Beginning on or After January 1, 2021
Hawaii (12 Forms)
- Form N-40
- Schedule K-1, Beneficiary’s Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
- Schedule CR, Schedule of Tax Credits
- Schedule AMD, Explanation of Changes on Amended Return
- Schedule D-1, Sales of Business Property
- Form 8582, Passive Activity Loss Limitations
- Schedule E (Form 1040), Supplemental Income and Loss
- Schedule D, Capital Gains and Losses
- Form N-40T, Allocation of Estimated Tax Payments to Beneficiaries
- Form N-201V, Business Income Tax Payment Voucher
- Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business
- Schedule F (Form 1040), Fiduciary Income Tax Return
Indiana (2 Forms)
- Schedule 1, Other Income
- Schedule IN-EL, Tax Computation Form for Electing Partnerships
Kansas (1 Forms)
- Schedule A, Itemized Deductions
Kentucky (1 Form)
- Schedule NOL, Net Operating Loss Schedule
Massachusetts (2 Forms)
- Schedule FE, Report with Respect to Foreign Entities
- Schedule FCI, Foreign Corporation Income of U.S. Shareholder
Minnesota (6 Forms)
- Schedule M1MB, Business Income Additions and Subtractions
- Schedule M1Loss, Minnesota Limitation on Business Loss
Corporate & S-Corporate:
- Schedule AA-1, Application for Section 42 Method of Apportionment
Partnership & S-Corporate:
- Schedule PTE, Pass-through Entity Tax
New Mexico (13 Forms)
- Form FID-1, Fiduciary Income Tax Returns
- FID-B, Schedule 1, Computation of New Mexico Percentage Sch 2, Business Income Apportionment Formula
- Bene Info, New Mexico Beneficiary’s Information
- Fid-CR, Tax Credit Schedule
- FID-PV, Fiduciary Income Tax Payment Voucher
- RPD-41096, Application for Extension of Time to File
- FID-EXT, Fiduciary Income Tax Extension Payment Voucher
- FID-D, Fiduciary Pass-through Entity Withholding Detail Report
- PTW-PV, Pass-through Entity Withholding Detail (PTW-D) Report Tax Payment Voucher
- RPD-41373, Application for Refund of Tax Withheld From Pass-through Entities
- FID-ES, Fiduciary Income Estimated Tax Payment Voucher
- RPD-41353, Owner’s or Remittee’s Agreement to Pay Withholding on behalf of a Pass-through Entity or Remitter
- RPD-41375, NOL Carryforward Worksheet for Fiduciary Income Tax
New York (13 Forms)
- Form IT-6-SNY, Metropolitan Commuter Transportation Mobility Tax (MCTMT) for START-UP NY
- Form IT-203-F, Multi-Year Allocation Form
- Form IT-237, Claim for Historic Homeownership Rehabilitation Credit
- Form IT-252, Investment Tax Credit for the Financial Services Industry
- Form IT-636, Alcoholic Beverage Production Credit
- Form IT-653, Pass-Through Entity Tax Credit
Corporate & S-Corporate:
- Form CT-655, Restaurant Return to Work Credit
Fiduciary & Partnership:
- Form IT-636, Pass-Through Entity Tax Credit
- Form IT-655, Restaurant Return to Work Credit
North Carolina (4 Forms)
- Form NC-PE, Additions & Deductions for PTEs, Estates & Trusts
Fiduciary, Partnership & S-Corporate:
- Schedule NC K-1 Supplemental Schedule
South Carolina (4 Forms)
- Schedule TC-38, Solar Energy or Small Hydropower System or Geothermal Machinery and Equipment Credit
- Form SC2220, Underpyament of Estimated Tax by Corporations
Corporate & S-Corporate:
- Form SC1120TC, Corporate Tax Credits
E-filing types (21)
• California Individual Amended
• Colorado Individual Amended
• Delaware Corporation
• Delaware Fiduciary
• Delaware Fiduciary Extension
• Delaware Partnership
• Delaware S-Corporation
• Kansas City (MO) Individual Return
• New Mexico Fiduciary Return
• New Mexico Fiduciary Amended
• North Carolina Individual Amended
• Pennsylvania Individual Amended
• Washington DC Corporation
• Washington DC Corporation Amended
• Washington DC Corporation Estimates
• Washington DC Corporation Extension
• Washington DC Franchise Extension
• Washington DC Franchise Return
• Washington DC Partnership
• Washington DC Partnership Amended
• Washington DC Partnership Extension
Customer support: Providing one-on-one and self-serve assistance
Intelligent voice assistant
When you call us for help, a new listening tool will be able to route your call to the right agent much more quickly.
Tool hub application
The tool hub enables you to quickly resolve common system issues and errors, so you can get back to serving your clients.
Updated Learn & Support pages
We’ve enhanced our Learn & Support pages to make it easy for you to search and browse topics.
Save time by scheduling an an appointment, requesting a callback or getting in line without having to leave ProSeries.
Optional workflow tools: Helping you do even more
Hosting (Professional only)**
Keep using the ProSeries software you love, but enjoy the peace of mind that cloud hosting gives you, including flexibility, security and fewer IT hassles.
Get up and running with updated software as soon as it is released. No need to download and install using traditional methods.
The improved onboarding experience gets your whole firm up in running in just days.
The Hosting environment allows you to connect over 25 supported business applications along with ProSeries, so you can move your entire office to the cloud, all in one convenient place. We recently added Citrix Sharefile and are looking to continue to add more in the future.
EasyACCT is now supported in the hosting environment.
eSignature is now available for ProSeries Basic, in addition to ProSeries Professional.
We’ve rebuilt the eSignature purchase and onboarding experience to make it quicker and easier than ever before. Processing time has been reduced to just a couple of minutes, so you can start using your product right away. Plus, new eSignature customers get five free trials. (Free trials can be claimed within your ProSeries software. Not available through MyAccount.)
View the enhanced dashboard with automatic status tracking featuring 8 statuses: declined, authentication failed, delivered, multiple, partially signed, sign, voided & expired.
Intuit Practice Management**
Streamline low-value administrative tasks and reinvest your time in delivering excellent client service and growing your practice. Intuit Practice Management powered by Karbon helps standardize your operations for maximum efficiency and gives you real-time visibility into all the work across your practice in one place, so you never miss a deadline.
Standardize operations using best-in-class work templates that automate repetitive client and staff tasks.
Sync client contact details and more with direct integration to QuickBooks Online Accountant.
Now you can enroll in Pay-by-Refund within My Account so you don’t have to wait until your software is released. Get it all set up well before the 2020 tax season starts so you’re ready when e-file opens. The new pre-filled form makes it faster and easier than ever to enroll with quick clicks.
To make it easier to get started, enrollment forms for new and returning customers are now pre-filled.
For added convenience, you can enroll through My Account or within your ProSeries software. Enrollment for all products and banks is already open.
There are two banks choices for tax year 2020: TPG and Refund Advantage. You have the option to enroll in expanded bank offerings like Refund Advance and more.
Firm-level Protection Plus**
We are partnering with Protection Plus to launch a firm-level option audit assistance, giving you the option to add audit assistance and ID theft protection to every single 1040 client. Enrolled firms simply pay $10 for every filed 1040 return.
Training: Keeping you up to date
Free, live and pre-recorded webinars
Attend live and pre-recorded webinars on topics that matter most to you, at times that work best with your schedule. More than 30,000 pros signed up for webinars last year, and new sessions, like tax law, ethics, and product courses are continually added.
Personalized training portal
Access bite-sized training modules with content that’s recommended just for you.
Quickly find the latest information you and your clients need on our newly redesigned COVID-19 resource center.