COVID-19 resources for accountants and tax professionals
Navigate the road ahead for your clients and business with the most recent and relevant COVID-19 news.
Latest updates (as of 3/2/21)
State stimulus updates: California and Maryland to provide economic relief to eligible state residents. Learn more here
The Biden Administration announced important changes to the Paycheck Protection Program, including an exclusive two-week application window for businesses with fewer than 20 employees beginning Feb 24. The administration is also earmarking $1 billion for loans in low- and moderate-income areas, and easing other restrictions on who can borrow through the program. Read more here
Key resources for you and your clients
What they need to know
- What to know about stimulus checks
- View deadlines for my client’s state
- Get an overview of the CARES Act
- Health-related benefits under the CARES Act
- Learn about the impact of COVID-19 on the foreign income and housing exclusions
Loans and cashflow
- Discover client business relief options with Intuit Aid Assist
- Help clients prepare ahead to apply for PPP loan forgiveness
- Find out if your client is eligible to delay the employer portion of their Social Security payroll taxes
- Paycheck Protection Program loan forgiveness
- Track how you use your Paycheck Protection Program loan
Taxes, payroll, security
- Learn about the CARES Act and how it retroactively relaxed limitations of net operating losses, interest expenses, AMT credits, and more
- Cassidy Jakovickas, CPA, and Vanessa Vasquez share how to go beyond taxes to help clients
- See if your client can keep employees on payroll with the Employee Retention Credit
- For businesses with fewer than 500 employees, help your clients get relief with provisions in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Help your client communicate with landlords, lenders, financial institutions, and more with Find out how working from home may bring companies greater exposure to state tax codes
- Share security tips with clients moving from working in the office to working from home
Stay up to date with free virtual training
NEW: COVID-19 Relief — Key Measures & Insights
Five Steps to Help Manage Cash Flow Right Now — On demand
Ask the Advisor: Communicating with Clients through Crisis (No CPE) — On demand
Taking Your Practice Remote — On demand
Advise your clients with helpful, shareable documents
Simplify working remotely with helpful workflow tools
Collaborate with your firm employees and clients virtually with add-on productivity tools for your software.
Run your firm remotely with a centralized, real-time view of your work, clients and staff from one place.
Currently available for Lacerte and ProConnect Tax.
Request, track and collect signatures digitally from the convenience of your workspace.
Hosting for desktop
Take your software to the cloud and get improved flexibility, reduced IT hassle, and built-in security.
Request and collect client documents through a secure, free, online portal.
Offer clients the option to pay from their refund without any out-of-pocket costs.
Other information related to COVID-19
- AICPA coronavirus resource center
- “Is maximizing PPP loan forgiveness the real endgame?” via Accounting Today
- “Coronavirus: Is your firm prepared for a pandemic?” via CPA Practice Advisor
- “Cybersecurity in a time of coronavirus” via Accounting Today
- “Keeping you informed and prepared amid the coronavirus outbreak” via Jounal of Accountancy