Follow these steps to download and install updates:
- From the Clients tab choose Tools then Lacerte Updates.
- Follow the on screen steps.
- Updates containing general program maintenance are not included in detail.
- Updates may include e-file schema changes regularly implemented by the IRS or State Agencies. These e-file schema updates will only be included, in detail, when they correct an existing e-file rejection issue.
- Typically Lacerte updates are scheduled for release on Tuesdays and Thursdays late afternoon; however, dates and times are subject to change without notice. See 2019 Lacerte Release Dates for more information.
- To check your program's current version, see How can I check which version of Lacerte I have installed?