Tax Plans are created and accessed from the Client view. Follow these steps to start a new tax plan:
- Go to the Clients list or the Tax Returns individual list. Tax plans can only be created from existing 2017 or 2018 individual returns at this time.
- (Note -- a 2018 return is required to create a 2018 plan)
- Click on the Client Name you would like to create a tax plan for.
- Click on the Tax Plans tab located at the top left, next to the Tax Returns tab.
- Click on Create Plan.
- On the next screen, choose the Base Year (2018 or 2017).
- Choose the tax return you'd like to create the plan from in the Create from existing tax return field..
- Change the Name if desired.
- Choose the number of years to show for the plan. The current year will always be shown in the plan for comparison.
- Choose the number of cases. Cases are different future tax scenarios.
- Click Create at the lower right corner of your screen.
Your new tax plan will open to the Profile view. Columns for different years will show from left to right, as well as the number of cases you selected. You can edit the taxpayer's filing status and dependent information here. See Filing status and dependent information in the ProConnect Tax Online Tax Planner for more help.