Welcome back! Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of tax professionals.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wisconsin S-Corporation Amendment for Sec 179 Election.

Brink18
Level 3

Does anyone know if I can amend a 2018 Wisconsin S-Corporation return and take the Sec 179 election?  In error it wasn't taken on the original return, but it was for federal purposes.

0 Cheers

This discussion has been locked. New comments cannot be posted on this discussion anymore. Start a new discussion

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

My answer was yes, you can amend for sec 179, also was just pointing out some new instructions this year for amended returns for S-Corps

View solution in original post

3 Comments 3
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

Yes, note this is new for amended returns

To file an amended Wisconsin return, put a check mark in
the space next to item A1 on the front of the return, complete
the return, and include Schedule AR to provide an explanation of any changes made. Show computations in detail, including any applicable supplemental forms or schedules.
Also show how you figured your refund or additional
amount owed. Do not attach a copy of the original return.

here is a link for complete instructions: https://www.revenue.wi.gov/TaxForms2017through2019/2018-Form5S-Inst.pdf

Brink18
Level 3

Sorry, my question wasn't about how to prepare an amended return in Lacerte, it was whether Wisconsin accepts an amended return for purposes of the Sec 179 election.  Thanks for your response-I didn't word the question in more detail.

0 Cheers
Terry53029
Level 14
Level 14

My answer was yes, you can amend for sec 179, also was just pointing out some new instructions this year for amended returns for S-Corps